There are many multi-channel amplifiers on the market today. Many of these were designed in haste out of a necessity to answer a market need. The new 558 Multi Channel amplifier was designed from the ground up in the Meridian tradition of uncompromised music performance.
Modern music and film systems have complex amplification requirements. Film soundtracks demand speed, power and dynamic range. High performance music systems needs include these attributes as well as the ability to convey low-level detail and a sense of space.
The 558 uses twin 1.2 KVA torroids and 50 pairs of hand matched output devices. Its switchable bridge modes make it as flexible as it is powerful. The 558 is rack mountable for ease of installation.
The new Meridian 558 multi channel amp is truly a powerful solution for any analog music and film system.What's included in the box
- 558 Multi Channel Power Amplifier.
- 1 power cord.
- 2 bridged mode links.
- 5 channels at 200W into 8 Ohms
- 2 by >500W into 8 Ohms stereo (bridged) and 1 by 200W
- Twin 1.2 KVA torroids with electrostatic shield and galvanic isolation between channels
- Switchable balanced and single ended inputs
- Switchable bridge mode
- 4 way binding posts for all channels
- Soft start and thermal management in main assembly
- Protection and control circuits are optically coupled from the amp modules to allow a 5 way mono construction
- Ultra low impedance error corrected output stage
- 50 pairs of 15amp output devices and 100 000uf of audiophile grade smoothing capacitors per product.
- DC coupled
- Trigger input AC or DC control
- Standby / bias down control using trigger output from – 562V.2, 561 or 861
Input : 1.4V RMS.
Output (bridged mode off) : Greater than 200W per channel into 8Ω & Greater than 300W per channel into 4Ω.
Output (bridged mode on) : Greater than 400W into 8Ω & Greater than 600W into 4Ω.
Distortion : Less than 0.05%.
Noise : Less than -90dB.
Trigger input : 5 to 30Vdc or 5-30Vac peak to peak, polarity independent.
Finish : Black textured enamel and brushed aluminium.
Dimensions (W x H x D) : 442mm x 174mm x 450mm & (17.4" x 6.8" x 17.7").
Weight : 50kg.
Consumption : 30VA quiescent, 1200VA max.
The 558 Multi Channel Power Amplifier is guaranteed against defects in material and workmanship for two years from the date of purchase.