Elevate every scene and song with this ultra-slim, 2.1 channel Bluetooth sound bar plus wireless subwoofer that delivers impressive sound and thunderous bass in any room.2 Stream music easily from your smartphone and even control your sound bar and TV with a single remote. All in a stylish, 2-inch design that lies flat or mounts discreetly on a wall. Thin has never sounded bigger.
What's included in the box
- HDMI cable
- Wall Hanging Bracket
- Quick Setup Guide
- 2.1 channel system brings out the best in your movies: Feel the full force of every movie soundtrack with this 2.1 channel sound bar. The two drivers have been carefully engineered to deliver a balanced audio response across all frequencies, while a wireless subwoofer adds more body to your bass – so every explosion and action sequence hits harder than ever before.
- S-Master digital amplifier: true sonic purity: Enjoy the best of digital audio with the S-Master digital amplifier. Using a simplified, full digital signal path, the S-Master amplifier reproduces digital audio signals without the multiple analog stages required by conventional amplifiers. The result is not just more power, but significantly less distortion caused by heat build-up.
- Cinematic S-Force PRO Front Surround: An immersive virtual surround sound experience. S-Force PRO Front Surround mimics the way the brain correlates sound sources to create proper volume, time lag, and sound wave spectrum — using only left and right speaker channels. By naturally emulating three-dimensional sound fields, you'll be able to enjoy rich, high-fidelity audio across a wider listening area.
- Wireless subwoofer for flexible setup: Add impact to movies with rich, powerful bass. Position the 15" (38 cm) wireless subwoofer anywhere in the room to enjoy rich, resounding bass with fine low-end detail thanks to a bass-reflex port. The compact, stylish black unit blends in with any décor.
- Unite your music with SongPal: Download SongPal for your smartphone or tablet and take control of your music collection. Simply connect over Bluetooth or Wi-Fi and you'll have seamless access to all your favorite tracks, whether they're stored on your PC, server, or favorite online music service. The app can also be used to customize sound settings to ensure great, balanced audio.
- ClearAudio+ enriches your music: Unique to Sony, ClearAudio+ automatically adjusts sound settings for an enriching listening experience. By bringing together expertise in digital signal processing technologies, ClearAudio+ is able to optimize audio formats to deliver a consistently clear, high-quality sound, whatever music you're into.
- Connect to your home network with DLNA: Digital Living Network Alliance (DLNA) is an industry-wide standard for sharing data over a home network. This makes it easier to stream and transfer your favorite music, films, and pictures between your DLNA-supported devices—including TVs, PCs, portable servers, and gaming consoles.
- One-touch listening to play music instantly: NFC (Near Field Communication) technology removes the need for wired connections and complex setup sequences. Simply touch your NFC-enabled smartphone or other device to the on-body N-mark and start your music. No NFC? No problem. You can also pair the devices manually in Bluetooth settings.
- Set your music free with Multi-room listening: Fill your home with the sound of your favorite tracks, thanks to multi-room listening. Use the SongPal app to group selected Sony sound bars and speakers together, then stream music from a PC or your home network in multiple rooms throughout your home. It's the perfect way to enjoy your favorite songs without being tied to one room.
- Compatible with HDCP 2.2 Copy Protection :HDCP (High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection) is the latest generation of copy protection. Designed primarily for Ultra HD 4K devices, it employs advanced encryption techniques to create a secure connection between source and display, preventing the unlicensed copying of copyrighted content.
- The simple way to send music to your speakers: The HT-CT790 has Google Cast built in, so you can cast your favorite music apps from your personal device to your speakers. Simply tap the cast button in a music app on your Android phone or tablet, iPhone, iPad, Mac, Windows laptop or Chromebook and select a speaker or group of speakers to get started. You can also play Spotify through your speakers, laptop, and TV using the Spotify app
- Higher quality wireless audio streaming: LDAC transmits approximately three times more data (at the maximum transfer rate: 990 kbps) than conventional Bluetooth audio, for a superior wireless listening experiencestyle name="sup"1/style.
- Bluetooth streaming for personal listening: Stream audio directly from the sound bar to your headphones via Bluetooth for convenient wireless listening. Compatible with high-quality LDAC and AAC codecs, the HT-CT790 is designed for personal viewing, so you can put your headphones on to enjoy a movie on the big screen without disturbing anyone.
- High Dynamic Range (HDR): By supporting High Dynamic Range (HDR) signal pass-through, you can enjoy the incredible jump in image contrast and brightness it brings, and the additional shadow and highlights further enhance picture detail and brings colors to life.
- 4K pass-through for 4K content: Maintain 4K quality from source to screen. The 4K pass-through feature allows 4K data to 'pass through' and be displayed on a 4K TV or projector, without compromising image quality. Giving you the pure 4K experience makes this sound bar the perfect partner for 4K-capable TVs and players, and a solid cornerstone for your home entertainment system for the future.
- A / V Sync: Yes
- Power Output (Total): 330 W
- Amplifier Channels: 2.1 ch
- S-Force Pro Front Surround: S-Force PRO Front Surround
- LPCM (2CH / 5.1CH / 7.1CH) Thru HDMI: Yes/Yes/Yes
- Subwoofer Type: Wireless Subwoofer
- Speaker System: Full range speaker system
- Enclosure Type: Acoustic suspension
- Wireless Subwoofer: Yes
- Input And Output Terminals: Analog Audio In, Bluetooth Reception, Bluetooth Transmission, Ethernet, HDMI x3 Input, Optical Input, USB
- HDMI Inputs: 3
- Wireless Capabilities: Bluetooth, NFC, Wireless Rear Speaker connectivity
- HDMI Outputs: 1
- Optical Audio Inputs: 1
- Analog Audio Inputs: Yes
- Dolby: Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital +, Dolby Dual Mono, Dolby TrueHD
- Dolby Dual Mono: Yes
- LPCM: Yes
- PCM: 96k/24 bit PCM
- DTS HD Master Audio: Yes
- Dolby Truehd/Dolby Digital+: Yes / Yes
- DTS: DTS-ES, DTS 96/24, DTS-HD HR, DTS-HD LBR
- Night Mode: Yes
- Sound Effects: ClearAudio+, Game, Movie, Music, Sports, Standard
Video / Audio / Photo Playback
- USB File System (FAT32, NTFS): Yes (FAT32, NTFS, exFAT)
- 1080 / 24P: Yes
- 1080P: Yes
- 3D-Capable HDMI Pass Thru: Yes
- Deep Color: Yes
- X.V.COLOR (XVYCC): Yes
- BRAVIA SYNC (CEC Control): Yes
Eco and energy saving
- Power Consumption (Standby Mode): 0.4 W
- Power Consumption (Networked Standby Mode) – Terminals: 5.2W (Ethernet)/5.9W (Wi-Fi)/1.8W (Bluetooth)/6.0W (all terminals and networks connected*) *Wired connections automatically deactivate wireless connections.
- Standby Mode Activated: Yes
- Networked Standby Mode Activated – Terminals: After 20 minutes (Ethernet)/20 minutes (Wi-Fi)/20 minutes (Bluetooth)
- Wireless Network(S) On/Off Switch: To switch off Wi-Fi, change internet connect setting to wired. Connect to TV by HDMI, and press HOME Button SetupNetwork Settings Internet Settings Wired Setup ( follow the dialog ) Save & Connect To switch on/off Bluetooth, Connect to TV by HDMI, and press HOME Button Setup Bluetooth Settings Bluetooth Mode Select Off / Receiver / Transmitter
- Speaker Type: Bar
- Power Consumption: BAR42W/SW25W
- Standby: Auto Standby
- Remote Commander: RMT-240U
- Height: 2.05"
- Width: 40.55"
- Depth: 4.96"
- Height: 15"
- Width: 7.48'
- Depth: 15.2"
- Sound Bar: 6.17 lbs
- Subwoofer: 7.8 lbs
- Shipping: 15 lbs
1-year parts and labor limited warranty