The perfect center to your automated home entertainment universe now with just the right amount of: flexible, multi-zone, high-definition connectivity, easy IP integration with leading control systems, powerful browser-based configurability, and well-renowned ES build quality for an incredible Audio/Video experience that you won’t easily forget.
What's included in the box
- Optimizer microphone
- FM wire antenna
- AM loop antenna
- AC power cord
- Remote control (RM-AAU217)
- R03 (size-AAA) batteries
- Front cover
- Quick Setup Guide
- Instruction Manual
- Help Guide
- Beautiful nine-channel object based surround sound: With 130W per channel, the STR-ZA5000ES delivers cinema-like surround sound and crystal clear music reproduction (130W @ 8 ohms, 1 kHz, THD 0.9%). For special installations, the amplifier can be configured to support: 2 pairs of speakers either independently (A or B) or simultaneously (A and B), in addition to Bi-Amp fashion.
- Supports Dolby Atmos, and DTS:X object based surround: You’ll feel like you’re inside the action as the sounds of people, music, and things move all around you in three-dimensional space.
- Built for sound: Every detail from the removable aluminum faceplate, to electronic component selection, special 2nd generation ES solder, structural/chassis elements, and even screw placement has been scrutinized and tuned in the higher interest of reliably consistent sound performance. The STR-ZA5000ES offers improved structural stability for better sound via the analogue signal path. This circuit is located on a glass epoxy board, in order to achieve higher speed and power. The STR-ZA5000ES also features high-quality speaker terminals with gold plating.
- 8 High Definition inputs for system flexibility: Flexible HD connectivity with 8 assignable inputs (6 HDMI, 2 component). HDCP 2.2 compliant this ES receiver also supports simple connectivity and full-playback of “4K Premium Content” with maximum visual and multi-channel sound quality.1 In addition the ZA5000ES allows full, native 4K video content pass-through to 4K capable televisions and projectors, and even up-scales high definition movies and TV shows to 4K quality.6
- Optimized for custom in-home integration: Designed with the integrator in mind, Sony ES engineers took the class leading AVR GUI and tailored it for fluid integration into leading control systems using the front panel display or even web browser functionality. We’ve also redesigned the back panel layout to make wiring in a rack easier. Whether it’s including an Install manual with a product manual or discrete IR codes in the remote, we’ve focused on helping you exceed your customers’ expectations.
- 8-Port Audio grade Giga Ethernet Switch: An 8-Port Ethernet switch with PoE, Power over Ethernet functionality2 (2 outlets), Ideal for local interfacing to: leading control.systems, computers, media boxes, Blu-Ray Disc players, and game consoles directly through the receiver.
- USB Front Input: Using the front mounted USB, you can easily apply system updates and during setup, save all receiver settings to a flash drive for backing up and porting over to another unit to replicate settings.
- Web Browser configurable: View, program and edit receiver settings via your Web Browser, computer, smartphone, or tablet. Enter the following into your web browser*: “http://[receiver’s ip-address]/”. * — Most modern web browsers are supported.
- Seamless IP Integration: With help from your authorized ES dealer/installer the full power of an ES receiver can be easily integrated into expanded home automation including multi-zone audio, lighting and shades, security, appliances and almost anything else you can imagine. Control4 Certified and featuring Crestron Connected, AMX Beacon, Savant, URC and RTI support, The STR-ZA5000ES also features12-volt triggers, RS232 and IR, for added installation flexibility.
- ‘PING’ button: Easing the IP integration process is the addition of a ‘PING’ button on the front of the unit for quick access to unit-specific IP information (IP and MAC address) via the front display and also easy sharing of unit ‘discovery’ protocols with 3rd party CI controllers.
- In-Ceiling speaker mode: Developed especially for use with in-ceiling speakers and easily configured during setup, In-Ceiling Speaker Mode virtually relocates the Front and Center in-ceiling speaker sound images to better coincide with the screen. Dialog and music will sound as if coming from the screen instead of the ceiling.
- Flexible zone distribution: Flexible zone distribution capability allows a Z-Series receiver to distribute audio/video sources to the 1st and 2nd zones in varying configurations providing expanded options.
- Discretion advised…: Enjoy enhanced system integration, with The supplied remote control, Call up Test Tones and Video signals at the push of a button. Access frequently used Menu settings, or take advantage of discrete IR codes to ensure that remote commands perform as advertised.
- Full HDMI color gamut support: With x.v.Color and Deep Color technology capability, you can rest assured that all HDMI connected video sources will look their best, displaying nearly twice (1.8x) as many viewable colors as the existing RGB color standard.
- Only what’s necessary… :A powerful catalog of playback CODECs: Digital Cinema Surround, Dolby, dts Digital Surround, and Neo:6 Cinema Audio Codec support ensure an optimized listening experience every time...
- Advanced Digital Cinema Auto Calibration - Quick Speaker Set Up: A powerful integration tool, Advanced Digital Cinema Auto Calibration with Auto Phase Matching (APM) functionality ensures automatic, optimized audio output settings based on speaker distance and placement (microphone supplied).
- Number Of Amp. Channels: 9ch
- Sound Field Program (Movie): Yes
- Sound Field Program (2ch/Multi): Yes
- Sound Field Program (A.F.D): Yes
- Digital Legato Linear: Yes
- X.V.COLOR (XVYCC): Yes
- Bravia Sync (Cec Control): Yes (One-Touch Play, System Audio Control, System Power Off)
- HDMI Pass Through: Yes
- 3D Over HDMI: Yes
- Audio Return Channel: Yes
- Preset Channel: (SIRIUS/XM/FM/AM) TTL60 (30/30)
- Input And Output Terminals: HDMI Video In/Out (6/2);Component Video Input (2 Assignable);Composite Video Input (2);Composite Monitor Out (2);Component Monitor Out (2);Opt Audio Input (2);Coax. Audio Input (1);Analog Audio Input (4);USB (1 for Setup)
- DTS HD/DolbytruHD/Dolby Digital+: Yes/Yes/Yes
- Dolby Digital/DTS: Yes/Yes
- Dolby Digital EX: Yes DTS-ES (MATRIX6.1/DISCRETE6.1) Yes
- DTS 96/24: Yes
- Dolby Prologic: Yes
- Dolby Prologic II: Yes
- Dolby Prologic IIX: Yes
- 96K/24 BIT PCM: Yes
Auto Speaker Calibration
- DCAC (Digital Cinema Auto Calibration): Advanced D.C.A.C.
- Automatic Phase Matching: Yes
Eco and energy saving
- Power Consumption (Standby Mode): 500 W
Custom Install & Control Features
- 2nd Zone Audio: Speaker (Variable)/Line (Variable, Fixed)
- 2nd Zone Video: HDMI/Component/Composite
- RS-232C For Control: Yes
- 12 V Trigger: 3
- IR Repeat (IN/OUT): Yes (1/2)
- PC Connect Update (Ethernet): 8 ports HUB (2 ports for PoE)
- Height: 6.9"
- Width: 17"
- Depth: 16.25"
- Unit: 37 lbs
- Shipping: 40 lbs
5-year parts and labor warranty