Recreate a truly cinematic experience. The VPL-VW60 builds on the outstanding success of the VPL-VW50 delivering more features, technology, brightness, and sporting three newly designed SXRD chips enabling significantly improved native and dynamic contrast for inky blacks and amazing depth of picture. With the highly advanced BRAVIA Engine full digital processing system producing lifelike colors and razor-sharp details, the this projector has the power to thrill. Gaze at the awe-inspiring, 300-inch image (measured diagonally) and you'll instantly change the way you think of home theaters. This projector redefines big-screen high definition, with astonishing 1080p video resolution capability that has to be seen to be believed. And with BRAVIA Theatre Sync technology, the VPL-VW60 home cinema projector can be controlled with one-touch ease from the included remote control.
What's included in the box
- Supports Full HD 1080p Resolution with 3 SXRD 1920 x 1080 SXRD® Panels (0.61”)
- BRAVIA Engine full Digital video processing system
- BRAVIA Theatre Sync technology
- Panel Alignment Adjustment Function
- Anamorphic Zoom Mode for external lens support
- Up to 35,000:1 Contrast Ratio (with Advanced Iris Auto Function on)
- ARC-F (All Range Crisp Focus) Lens
- 1080/24p Input Capable (Digital)
- Ultra High Pressure Lamp (200W) delivers natural, accurate color
- Advanced Iris 2 Function (Auto, On, Off)
- Low Fan Noise (22dB)
- 1.8X Zoom
- Blanking function allows the user to add an adjustable black frame over unusable portions of the image
- Noise Reduction
- Lens Shift
- RCP (Real Color Processing) Function (User 1, 2, 3 and Off)
- 12-bit Panel Drive Full Digital Chassis
- 3D Comb Filter
- HDMI Connectors (x2) with PC timing support1
- Picture Mode (Dynamic, Standard, Cinema, Custom)
- Black Level Adjustment (High, Low, Off)
- Gamma Correction (Gamma 1, 2, 3 and Off)
- Color Temperature (High, Medium, Low and Custom 1, 2, 3)
- Color Space (Normal and Wide)
- User Selectable Over Scan Function (choice of ON or OFF)
- PC Input (D-sub 15)2
- SXRD® 1920 x 1080p Full HD Panels: SXRD® is a Display technology developed by the legendary television engineers at Sony to meet and exceed the demands of a High Definition image at its full 1080 line Resolution. It is a 1920 x 1080p panel characterized by several key benefits -- full HD Resolution, smooth film-like image with minimal screen door effects, high response times (2.5ms rise and fall), high Contrast Ratio with wire grid polarizers and high Contrast plate and accurate color rendition.
- Advanced Iris 2: The latest evolution of Sony's own Advanced Iris function uses algorithms designed to analyze the histogram of each picture along with nonlinear Amplification to dynamically adjust the iris for its optimum opening. The result is a stunningly high Contrast Ratio of up to 35,000:1. Images in bright scenes are crisp and clear and black levels in dark scenes are deep and detailed. A manual adjustment option is also available to fix the iris opening for specific image conditions.
- Ultra Quiet Fan: An exclusive Sony-designed fan efficiently removes heat at a barely noticeable noise spec of 22dB. Obtrusive fan noise is virtually eliminated to allow for flexibility in room placement.
- ARC-F (All Range Crisp Focus) Lens: A specially developed crisp focus lens was developed to take full advantage of the full 1920 x 1080 HD Resolution that the SXRD panel device offers. It offers superior Resolution and focus.
- RCP (Real Color Processing): Real Color Processing allows the user to target specific colors on the picture and fine adjust their color and hue without changing the overall picture's color and hue. For instance, the color of a strawberry can be fine adjusted without impacting the skin tones. Or the blue in a sky can be adjusted without affecting the color of water. And green grass can be adjusted without influencing the other colors in the picture.
- BRAVIA Engine™ Video Processing System: The VPL-VW60 BRAVIA Home Cinema Projector uses Sony's BRAVIA Engine full Digital video processor for crisp and clear images. Several special picture enhancement technologies are integrated into the processor to create better gradations with more detail, enhance Contrast, and dynamically improve color performance.
- Digital Noise Reduction Circuits: Reduces block noise and mosquito noise by using Pixel-level filtering to reproduce a clean and clear picture. And Motion Vector Noise Reduction reduces just the noise in the video signal for video further reducing unwanted noise and blur artifacts.
- Digital Contrast Enhancer circuit: Improves Contrast by enhancing all areas from dark to bright in parallel with texture control providing a three dimensional picture.
- Color Reality signal processing enables the expression of all the colors of life in vivid detail for dark and bright scenes. Details in dark areas of the picture are there, just like they are supposed to be.
- Panel Alignment Adjustment Function: The VPL-VW60 is configured with a function that compensates gaps in panel alignment. It is possible to select R(Red) or B(Blue) to make adjustments based on G(Green), and to adjust the horizontal and vertical direction by shifting full image of each color.3,4 A croshatch pattern is providede for this purpose. It is possible to adjust each color by 0.1 Pixel steps up to 1 full pixe. in each direction.
- Anamorphic Zoom Mode: The VPL-VW60 has an “Anamorphic Zoom” mode in the Wide Modes to enjoy wider Aspect Ratio. With this mode, it is possible to create a full 2.35:1 image just like a movie theater when using commercially available external anamorphic lens
2-year parts and labor limited warranty