Existing at the confluence of design and performance, the Bowers & Wilkins Panorama 2 Soundbar represents the pinnacle of each trait, providing discerning listeners with an elegant all-in-one audio solution. When it's imperative to emphasize the audio from your High Definition flat screen TV, but regulations restrict you from adding a complete home theater system, the B&W Panorama 2 delivers cinema quality sound in a single unit, negating the need to buy excess audio components or run unsightly wires. Within the graciously-curved stainless steel body, behind a sleek black steel mesh grill, hide a total of nine drivers. Powered by the same innovative technologies that give the best B&W speakers their legendary performance, the Panorama 2 soundbar promises to bring your movie-viewing experience to new life, adding a vivid layer of sonic detail to everything you watch. A pair of 3-inch midrange drivers handles the middle frequencies, while a 1-inch metal dome tweeter featuring the renowned B&W Nautilus tube technology sings out clean highs. Two 3.5-inch subwoofers put out true, deep bass, while a quartet of 3-inch surround channels are engineered to replicate the effects of rear surround speakers. As a system, powered by six separate dedicated amplifiers, the B&W Panorama 2 soundbar disperses sound across a wide listening area, for a rich, immersive experience. One listen and you'll think you were in the midst of a mutli-speaker setup. High-quality audio setups often carry the connotation of complicated, capricious controls. The B&W Panorama 2, however, was designed not just to delight the ears, but also to facilitate simple setup and operation. To begin using the Panorama 2, you'll only need to plug it into your TV, and that's it. You're ready to enjoy rich, powerful sound. The integrated control panel, whose proximity sensor lights up with a wave of your hand, provides easy adjustments to volume and surround mode. More advanced setup options can be accessed through the on-screen menu that the B&W Panorama 2 can display on your TV. A trio of HDMI inputs on the rear of the unit allows for the hookup of multiple audio/video components. The B&W Panorama 2 decodes Dolby Digital, Dolby Pro-Logic II and DTS, rendering movies in supremely realistic surround sound. If you'd like to enjoy your music on the Panorama 2, a 3.5mm mini jack lets you play tracks from your smartphone or MP3 player. Whatever your listening preference, the B&W Panorama 2 Soundbar will fill your room with incredibly rich, clear sounds, all from a single, handsome speaker.
What's included in the box
Bowers and Wilkins Panorama 2 Soundbar System with HDMI Switching
Wall bracket, 3.5mm Toslink adapter, four 25mm feet, four 35mm feet, microfiber polishing cloth
- Widescreen for your ears: Panorama 2 adds a new dimension to home entertainment, bringing truly immersive high-quality sound to your TV from a single, discreet speaker. You won’t believe what a big difference a single box can make.
- Immersive sound: Panorama 2's drive units are designed to disperse sound to as wide a listening area as possible. This large audio “sweet spot” means the whole family can immerse themselves in pristine sound. Movies and music on Panorama 2 now sound better than you ever thought that they could. All from a single, discreet loudspeaker system.
- Advanced drive units: Panorama 2 features completely new, specially designed tweeters, midrange and low frequency drive units. This leads to a dramatically improved acoustic performance, with better bass and enhanced integration.
- Cabinet construction: Strength and rigidity is key to avoiding audio distortion you only want to hear sound from the drivers, not a rattle from the cabinet. So Panorama 2 is designed with an unbroken, curving outer shell.
- Plug and Play: We believe speakers should not only sound fantastic, they should also be easy to install and use. That's why using Panorama 2 is as simple as plugging it in. Panorama 2 features the latest HDMI connectivity (three inputs and one output) to allow the quickest, easiest, and highest-quality to the widest range of televisions, Blu-ray players, set-top boxes and games consoles.
- Well connected: Panorama 2's HDMI connectivity allows: on-screen information display; audio-return, taking sound from TV to amplifier; and Consumer Electronics Control, so you can control it with your TV remote.
- You are in control: Panorama 2 features a proximity-sensitidisplay. Leave it alone and it fades to black. But wave your hand over the display and you can instantly control Panorama 2's menus directly.
- The people behind movie sound: If you need proof that Bowers & Wilkins understands movie sound, just ask the engineers that put sound to movies. The control rooms at London's Abbey Road Studios and California's Skywalker Sound is where Hollywood puts music and sound to blockbuster movies. They are probably the most advanced multi-channel listening environments in the world. Naturally they both use the world's most advanced reference speakers - Bowers & Wilkins 800 Series.
Nautilus tube loaded aluminium dome tweeter
Digital Signal Processing
Switch mode power supply
2x ø90mm (3.5 in) subwoofers
2x ø75mm (3.0 in) midrange
4x ø75mm (3.0 in) surround channels
1x ø25mm (1 in) metal dome tweeter
- Frequency Range: -6dB at 35Hz and 50kHz
1x 50W (subwoofers)
5x 25W (center/ surround)
- Power Input Voltage: Universal AC 100V-240V, 50-60Hz
- Rated Power Consumption: 36W
- Standby Power Consumption: <0.5W
3 x HDMI inputs
1 x HDMI output (supporting ARC)
1 x 3.5mm Analogue/digital combi
3.5mm mini jack: RS-232 service connector
Subwoofer pre out (RCA Phono)
Output: 1 Vrms
Frequency: 12 ~ 150Hz
Enclosure: Mirror black stainless steel skin
Grille: Black steel mesh
Unit: 31.1 lbs
Shipping: 40 lbs
2 years Parts & Labor warranty