What's included in the box
Discreet but not understated, the high-performance and installer-friendly R-3800-W II in-wall loudspeaker delivers all the gusto you'd expect from Klipsch.Horn-loaded technology increases acoustic output while significantly reducing distortion Pivoting Tractrix Horn compression driver tweeter with a Linear Travel Suspension Treble attenuation switch and IR receiver knock out Single piece grille frame and rustproof aluminum grille Elegant new, low-profile SlimTrim magnetic grille Featuring an 8-inch IMG woofer a 1-inch aluminum tweeter mated to a square 90-degree by 60-degree pivoting Tractrix Horn as well as a treble contour switch, this dynamic in-wall speaker gives you plenty of bang for your buck and brings high-quality entertainment into your home without taking up valuable floor space. Not to mention because the pivoting horn allows listeners to point the sound where they want it to go, the direct to reflected energy ratio is high in the listening area creating a large soundstage with well-defined imaging.Available in a paintable white finish.
- White metal mesh grille
- Cardboard template
- Owner's Manual(En/Fr/Sp)
- High Efficiency: The high-efficiency design of the Klipsch in-wall speakers allows you to get much more output than most in-wall and in-ceiling speakers. Due to the long speaker wire runs that are common in whole-house audio systems, the power coming from the amplifier is significantly reduced by the time it reaches the speakers. The 93dB efficiency of this speaker means it will play much louder at low power than other less-efficient speakers.
- Two-Way Speaker Design: The Klipsch R-3800-W II uses a rigid 1" aluminum compression driver (tweeter) mated to an exclusive Tractrix Horn, combined with a large 8" IMG woofer in a tw0-way design.
- Tweeter: Combined with the Tractrix Horn, the 1" stiff, yet lightweight, metallic diaphragm works in conjunction with a precise phasing plug at the horn throat to create a very efficient driver with excellent transient response and lack of distortion. The new Linear Travel Suspension assures the most precise diaphragm excursion, increasing high-frequency detail and smoothness. Klipsch horn-loaded technology increases acoustic output while significantly reducing distortion. The horn's +/- 15° pivoting capability allows its 90° x 60° dispersion pattern to be aimed directly at the main listening area. This feature sends more direct sounds to the listener and less reflected sounds for more detailed sound, wider dynamics and better vocal clarity.
- Woofer: The 8" IMG (injection molded graphite) woofer cone has been strengthened for even more accurate bass reproduction.
- Speaker Terminals: The speaker has a gold-plated pair of spring-loaded binding posts that can accept up to 12-gauge wire, single banana plugs, or pin connectors.
- Tweeter Attenuation Switch: If the speaker is installed in an acoustically bright room, such as a bathroom or a kitchen, you can attenuate the tweeter by -3dB, using the Tweeter Attenuation Switch, located inside the basket.
- ABS Basket/Frame: The R-3800-W II has a sturdy ABS basket and frame. The frame can be painted to match any decor.
- SlimTrim Magnetic Grille: With an all new grille, the visible frame size is reduced by 90% and grille depth is reduced by 80% over the previous design, for a more edge-to-edge consistent look that blends in with the wall more attractively. The new aluminum, paintable, magnetic grille attaches tightly and securely with ease to virtually eliminate resonant distortion.
Enclosure Type: In-wall
Video Shielded: No
Tweeter: Horn-loaded dome
Midrange Size: N/A
Woofer Size: 8
Woofer Composition: IMG
Woofer Surround: Rubber
Power Range (Watts): 50
Sensitivity: 93 dB
Impedance (Ohms): 8
Frequency Response: 46-23kHz
Connector Type: Spring posts
Bi-Amp Inputs: No