Experience best-in-class performance with the highest level of processing power offered for AVENTAGE network AV receivers. With HDMI 2.0a, watch video in stunning 4K Ultra HD with HDCP 2.2 and high dynamic range (HDR) support. Experience up to 11.2-channels of audio processing and hear crisp details from dual ESS SABRE DACs and Dolby Atmos or DTS:X. With the most advanced version of YPAO, this system will automatically calibrate audio to perfection. Enjoy high-resolution audio playback and access to online music services with built-in Wi-Fi. Conveniently connect a smartphone or tablet with Bluetooth for quick access to your favorite music. Maximize your installation with advanced HDMI zone switching and advanced zone functions in up to four zones.
What's included in the box
AVENTAGE AV Receivers: Designed to Deliver the Highest Levels of Audio Performance:
The AVENTAGE line of high-performance AV receivers is based on the audio design concept of providing a massive, full-bodied sound for movie sound effects and the accurate reproduction of music sources. By expertly harmonizing traditional and advanced technologies, every factor that affects sound quality, from materials and parts to construction, layout, vibration damping (unique foot) and "fine-tuning" the sound, is handled with no other thought than to achieve the best possible audio quality. As a result, every AVENTAGE model has the ability to reproduce the most subtle details of high-definition sound, so that listeners can enjoy a truly high-class sound studio experience at home.
Sound Tuning Achieved with High Quality Parts for Optimum Performance:
Every single part in an AV receiver affects the sound quality. For AVENTAGE models, extra time is taken to find (or develop) the exact parts needed to achieve the highest performance possible. Sound technicians go through a testing process to, in effect, "tune" the receiver's sound.
Ultra-high Performance DACs for Superior Sound Quality:
An ultra-high performance ESS Technology 192 kHz/32 bit ES9016 DAC produces an unsurpassed sound stage with up to 124 dB dynamic range, super low distortion and noise level. High-quality ESS ES9006 DACs power the presence channels. This AV receiver’s sound reproduction is for the most discriminating of listeners.
Symmetrical Power Amplifier Layout:
This is just one of the many design details that all combine to create a superior receiver. The interior of the unit has been precisely planned, circuit-routed and built so that the left and right channels are physically and electrically isolated. This naturally maximizes channel separation but also greatly improves signal to noise ratio and also helps to achieve a wide open sound stage.
Anti-Resonance Technology Wedge Helps to Ensure that Vibrations Do Not Affect Sound Quality:
The Anti-Resonance Technology Wedge is a fifth foot in the center of the unit. It dampens vibrations from the power transformer, power transistors and heat sinks, as well as vibrations that might be caused by the sound from the speakers.
Aluminum Front Panel Offers Visual and Aural Benefits:
All of the AVENTAGE components feature the same sleek, clean design, with an elegant aluminum front panel and silky touch volume/selector knobs. The aluminum front panel is used to effectively shield sensitive circuitry from external noise and electronic radiation generated by dimmer switches, fluorescent lighting, video monitors and so on. This ensures optimum sonic performance in the widest range of installation environments.
H-shaped Cross Member Frame:
The interior of the receiver is reinforced with cross members in an H shape to provide an extremely rigid and stable frame. This reduces chassis vibration to virtually zero even during high volume output (seemingly minor vibrations can affect the sound), maintaining the highest audio quality.
Bluetooth Compatible for Wireless Music Streaming:
The RX-A3050 is equipped with Bluetooth functionality to let you easily enjoy wireless music playback from smartphones and other devices. The Compressed Music Enhancer from Yamaha is now optimized for Bluetooth audio transmissions to ensure that your music will have vivid, lively sound quality during wireless playback.
Full Support of HDMI 2.0a Spec: 4K Ultra HD Video Upconversion, HDCP 2.2 and High Dynamic Range (HDR):
This unit supports the latest HDMI standards thanks to the transmission of 4K video at 60 frames per second (pass-through and video upscaling). Fully enjoy the high definition video quality of 4K without degradation along with HDCP 2.2 that fully complies with the latest copyright protection, a standard for 4K video transmission. It also supports HDR video which provides enhanced picture quality by simultaneously enabling greater detail for both the dark and bright parts of an image.
Yamaha Video Processing:
With expertise in engineering exceptional video projectors, Yamaha has produced various advanced processing techniques that are applied to this AV receiver’s video upscaling capabilities. These include edge adaptive deinterlacing to smooth out jaggy noise, motion adaptive deinterlacing to detect moving or still images and multi-cadence detection that includes 3-2 pull-down.
Advanced HDMI Zone Switching Allows Unprecedented AV Switching to Multiple Zones:
While standard HDMI zone switching can only send HD video programs to the main and second zones, advanced HDMI zone switching from Yamaha adds the capability to choose from all audio and video sources for playback in Zone 2. An on-screen graphical user interface makes it easy to browse and select content to enjoy from the second zone no matter what is being played in the Main Zone.
This AV receiver provides a variety of network functions that enable you to access more sources and also enhance operation. You can connect the AV receiver to a Mac or PC with WebBrowser Control and have two way control of Internet radio, Pandora, Rhapsody, Spotify or SiriusXM Internet Radio. The AV Controller App (from iTunes or Google Play) lets you control various functions from your iPod, iPhone, iPad or Android phones / tablets.
Built-in Wi-Fi and Wireless Direct:
Built-in Wi-Fi allows for a wireless connection with your wireless router, greatly simplifying system connections for enjoying networked audio (PC / NAS) and music streaming services. If a Wi-Fi router is not available, the unique Wireless Direct feature not only allows you to stream music directly from your smartphone or tablet via the AV Controller App, AirPlay etc., but also allows for control of the AV receiver as well.
AirPlay Allows Streaming Music to AV receivers:
This AV receiver supports AirPlay, which means they can accept wireless music streaming from iPod touch, iPhone, iPad, as well as from iTunes on a Mac or PC. This makes it easy to enjoy music from your mobile devices or computer at your home theater system. You can view metadata such as song title, artist name as well as album art inside the receiver's on-screen display.
Stream Millions of Songs with Spotify Connect:
With the Spotify app on your smartphone, you have instant access to millions of songs. Now you can stream those songs to your networked Yamaha AV receiver by using Spotify Connect. Just hit play to start streaming music. When you listen to Spotify outside on your smartphone or tablet and come inside, the song immediately streams to your Yamaha AV receiver allowing no interruption to your music playback. You can also personalize playlists and receive phone calls while listening to music on Spotify.
AV Controller App for Easy, C
- Channel: 9.2
- Rated Output Power (1kHz, 2ch driven): 165 W (8 ohms, 0.9% THD)
- Rated Output Power (20Hz-20kHz, 2ch driven): 150 W (8 ohms, 0.06% THD)
- Maximum Effective Output Power (1kHz, 1ch driven) (JEITA): 230 W (8 ohms, 10% THD)
- Dynamic Power per Channel (8/6/4/2 ohms): 175 / 220 / 295 / 410 W
Surround Sound Processing
- CINEMA DSP: Yes (HD3)
- DSP Programs: 23
- Dialog Level Adjustment: Yes
- Virtual Presence Speaker: Yes
- Virtual Surround Back Speaker: Yes
- Dialogue Lift: Yes (no presence speakers required)
- SILENT CINEMA / Virtual CINEMA DSP: Yes (Virtual CINEMA FRONT)
- Dolby Atmos: Yes (5.1.4-ch or 7.1.4-ch with external amp)
- Dolby TrueHD: Yes
- Dolby Digital Plus: Yes
- Dolby Pro Logic IIx: Yes
- DTS:X: Yes
- DTS-HD Master Audio: Yes
- Pure Direct: Yes (with video on mode)
- Compressed Music Enhancer: Yes
- High-resolution Music Enhancer: Yes
- YPAO multi-point measurement: Yes (R.S.C., 3D and angle measurement)
- YPAO Volume: Yes
- Adaptive DRC (Dynamic Range Control): Yes
- Initial Volume & Maximum Volume Setting: Yes
- A.R.T. Wedge: Yes
- Bi-amp capability: Yes
- Audio Delay: Yes (0-500 ms)
- 192kHz/24-bit DACs for all channels: Yes (ESS Technology ES9016S SABRE32 Ultra DAC + ESS Technology ES9006A SABRE Premier Audio DAC)
- 4K Ultra HD Pass-through and upscaling: Yes (4K 60p 4:4:4)
- HDMI 3D pass-through: Yes
- HDMI Audio Return Channel: Yes
- HDMI upscaling: Yes (analog to HDMI, HDMI to HDMI)
- Video adjustment: Yes
- Deep Color/x.v.Color/24Hz Refresh Rate /Auto Lip-Sync: Yes
- HDMI Input/Output: 8 in / 2 out (HDCP 2.2: 7 in / 2 out)
- HDMI CEC: Yes (SCENE, Device Control)
- USB Input: iPod / iPhone, USB memory, portable audio player
- Network Port: Yes
- Wi-Fi: Yes (with Wireless Direct)
- AirPlay: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes (AAC)
- Front AV Input: HDMI / USB / Analog Audio / Composite Video
- Digital Audio Input/Output:Optical : 3 / 0
- Digital Audio Input/Output:Coaxial : 3 / 0
- Analog Audio Input/Output: 9 (front 1) / 0
- Phono Input: Yes
- Component Video Input/Output: 3 / 1
- Composite Video Input/Output: 5 (front 1) / 1
- Preout: 11.2-ch
- Headphone Output: Yes
- On-screen display: Graphical User Interface
- SCENE: SCENE PLUS (12 sets)
- App Control: Yes (iPhone / iPad / Android phone / tablet)
- Web Browser Control: Yes
- Remote Control Unit: Yes (Preset)
- Zone 2 Audio Output: Preout / HDMI
- Zone 3 Audio Output: Preout
- Zone 4 Audio Output: HDMI
- Powered Zone: Zone 2 / 3
- Zone Video Output: HDMI / Component / Composite
- Zone HDMI: Yes (Advanced HDMI Zone Switching)
- Zone B Output: HDMI
- Zone GUI: YES
- RS-232C Interface: Yes
- +12V Trigger Output: 2
- Remote (IR) Input/Output: 1 / 1
- Party Mode: Yes
- Standby Power Consumption (IR only): ≤0.1 W
- Auto Power Standby: Yes
- ECO mode: Yes
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 17-1/8" x 7-1/2" x 18-5/8" (with antenna up: 17-1/8" x 10-1/8" x 18-5/8")
- Weight: 39.9 lbs.