Compact and convenient, the Apple USB SuperDrive connects to your MacBook Pro with Retina display, MacBook Air, or Mac mini with a single USB cable and fits easily into a travel bag. It lets you install software and play and burn both CDs and DVDs, including double-layer DVDs
What's included in the box
- MacBook Air SuperDrive with attached USB cable
- User’s Guide
- Everything you need in an optical drive: Whether you’re at the office or on the road, you can play and burn both CDs and DVDs with the Apple USB SuperDrive. It's perfect when you want to watch a DVD movie, install software, create backup discs, and more.
- Take it anywhere: Only slightly bigger than a CD case, the Apple USB SuperDrive slips easily into your travel bag when you hit the road and takes up little space on your desk or tray table when you're working.
- The essence of simplicity: You'll never have to worry about lost cables with the MacBook Air SuperDrive. It connects to your MacBook Air with a single USB cable that's built into the SuperDrive. There's no separate power adapter, and it works whether your MacBook Air is plugged in or running on battery power
Slot-loading 8x SuperDrive (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW)
- Writes DVD+R DL and DVD-R DL discs at up to 6x speed
- Writes DVD-R and DVD+R discs at up to 8x speed
- Writes DVD-RW discs at up to 6x speed and DVD+RW discs at up to 8x speed
- Reads DVDs at up to 8x speed
- Writes CD-R discs at up to 24x speed
- Writes CD-RW discs at up to 16x speed
- Reads CDs at up to 24x speed
- MacBook Pro with Retina display
- MacBook Air computer
- Mac mini computer
- Height: 0.67"
- Width: 5.47"
- Depth: 5.47"
- Unit: 0.74 lbs
- Shipping: 3 lbs